- Hometown: Memphis, MI
- How’d you get the nickname? “I’ve been a hyperactive guy since the 60’s and one of my friends once said ‘you run around this place like a damn chipmunk…I think I‘m just going to rename you Chipmunk’ and it stuck!”
- What’s your dream car? “I have had the good fortune of having a fleet of dream cars which started in 1967 when I bought my first VW Bus (still have a number of them), then in 1968, my 1954 Beetle Karmann Kabriolet, in 1975 the Corvair Monza convertible, in 1981 the Scirocco (the Rock-1!) and so on… I am an incurable motorhead dreamer and there could never be just one.”
- Married? Very happily, two adult kids.
- What might most people not know about you? “That underneath this hard shell finish, I am a fun guy to party with.”
1966 Corvair Corsa
- Hometown: Sterling Heights, MI
- At Munk’s since: January 2012
- How did Munk’s find Rick? An act of God (and Volkswagen parts)
- Why Wrenching? When Rick found a broken lawnmower at age 10, he disassembled it to see how it works.
- Certifications and specializations: Engine repair; Manual trans & axles; Front end and steering; Brakes & braking systems; Heating & A/C; Engine tune-up & performance, and Pre-1973 vehicles.
- Favorite car owned: Porsche 944
- Dream car: 911 with a whale tail
- Other Hobbies: Painting, Art, Model cars, spending time with family.
- What people don’t know about Rick: How nice he truly is.
Porsche 911 Whale tail
- Hometown: Canton, MI
- At Munk’s since: 2019
- How Munk’s found Joe: I used to be a Porsche tech in Ann Arbor.
- Dream car: Cadillac CTS-V wagon manual.
- Future goals: Become ASE Master Technician.
- Other Hobbies: Car audio, thrifting, shooting range, camping, traveling.
- What most people don’t know about you: I’m a big fan of 50s & 60s mid-century design. You should see my apartment.
Cadillac CTS-V Wagon
A.S.E. Certified Technician
- Home: Hamburg, MI
- At Munk’s since: April 2011
- Why Wrenching? Always into cars, grew up around Volkswagens
- Certifications acquired: ASC, Bosch
- Favorite car owned: Vintage Volkswagens
- Dream car: ’65 Type III Karmann Ghia
- Other Hobbies: Computers
- What people don’t know about Dan: Plenty
- Hometown: Royal Oak, MI
- Munk’s start date: 2008
- Why Munk’s? She married a gearhead and developed a German car habit.
- Daily Driver? ’14 Subaru WRX Wagon.
- Certifications? 20+ years experience in corporate communications management.
- Dream cars? De Tomaso Pantera, ’68 Charger R/T, Noble M600.
- Other hobbies? Road racing, fiber arts.
- Interesting fact? She’s a two-time championship-winning road racer.